Land relations are regulated by the Constitution of the Republic of Belarus, acts of the President of the Republic of Belarus, the Code of the Republic of Belarus on land, as well as other acts of legislation adopted in accordance with them.
The norms of civil and other legislation regulating land relations are applied to these relations, unless otherwise stipulated by the legislation on the protection and use of land.
Land relations are implemented on the basis of the principles:
• state regulation and management in the field of land use and protection, including the establishment of a unified procedure for the seizure and provision of land plots, the transfer of land from one category and species to another;
• mandatory state registration of land plots, rights to them and transactions with them;
• unity of the fate of the land plot and the capital structures (buildings, structures) located on it, unless otherwise provided by the Land Code of the Republic of Belarus and other legislative acts;
• use of land for the intended purpose;
• priority use of agricultural agricultural land, lands of nature protection, recreation, recreational, historical and cultural purpose, forest lands of the forest fund for purposes related to the appointment of these lands;
• effective land use;
• protection of lands and improvement of their useful properties;
• payment of land use;
• establishment of restrictions (encumbrances) of rights to land plots, including land easements;
• publicity and consideration of public opinion when making decisions on the seizure and provision of land plots, changing their purpose, establishing restrictions (encumbrances) of rights to land plots, including land easements affecting rights and the interests of citizens protected by law;
• protection of land users' rights.